Saturday 4 July 2009

Bottling the eldercham!

I tested the gravity last night it was at 1.004 I thought it may be  a little low to achieve the carbonation we are after, as it is still fermenting slowly I decided to add a little sugar (1tsp per litre) to make sure the fizz arrives!

After sterilizing and swilling all the equipment and bottles (my least favourite part) bottling began.

I bought a 'Little Bottler' which I fitted to the end of the syphon (I'll fit the whole thing to the FV at some point) this made things much easier, quicker and more controllable (is that a word?!)..

The wine hasn't cleared but after a cheeky slurp or two I don't think its to its detriment, a lovely elderfowery taste and not to sweet, when the secondary fermentation has occurred it should be great.

2 comments: